Read on for your chance to win a bespoke cake by Poppy Pickering...
The cutting of the cake is one of our favourite big day traditions; not only is it a perfect photo opportunity to snap a pic of the newlyweds, but it also means it’s time for a delicious sweet treat. You can’t help but notice that wedding cakes have become even more spectacular and show-stopping over the years, and the creations by Poppy Pickering are no exception.
Established in 2013 and run by a daughter and father team, Poppy Pickering specialises in creating bespoke, hand-made wedding cakes and delectable hand-crafted chocolates. Everything is hand-made in a boutique kitchen and shop in Ilkley, West Yorkshire.
Offering wedding cakes, hand-made macarons, hand-decorated cookies, chocolate favours, novelty chocolate shapes, individual bespoke chocolates, and shaped chocolate lollipops, it’s a total dream for anyone with a sweet tooth.
Whether you choose from the mouth-watering chocolate mud cake, spiced caramel, apple and roasted hazelnut, salted caramel, Champagne and strawberry or the classic Victoria sponge (so much choice!), you and your guests will be treated to a cake that truly looks as good as it tastes.
If this sounds like a sugar rush that you know you can’t refuse, then look below for details on how to enter – just remember to save us a slice or two! To see more beautiful cakes, visit poppypickering.co.uk.
For your chance to win, simply fill out the form below. Need a clue with the questions? Click here!
Wedding cake prize is limited to the total sum of £700 (this equates to a three tiered cake consisting of a 6”/8”/10” sizing). The prize is for collection only from the shop in Ilkley, West Yorkshire. Prize subject to date availability in 2017/2018. Prize is only valid for 2017 or 2018 wedding dates. Prize is for standard sponge cake tiers only and not fruitcake tiers. Wedding cake design to be selected from current wedding cake website collection (can be recoloured). Wedding cake to be booked within 12 months of competition closing date. There is no cash prize equivalent. Please note that the cakes pictured may not be the prize.
1. Competitions are open to all residents of the United Kingdom and Ireland. Generally the age limit will be 18 years apart from where competitions are specifically opened to persons under that age. Each competition may only be entered once by each entrant. Entrants suspected of submitting multiple entries may have all their entries rejected.
2. Employees of Hubert Burda Media UK, their agents or their families, or anyone connected in any way to each competition are not eligible to enter.
3. Hubert Burda Media UK accepts no liability for any aspect of the prize to the fullest extent permitted by UK law.
4. Prizes do NOT include travel, subsistence, food, drink and accommodation unless otherwise stated. Winners must make their own way safely and responsibly to and from the venue. Winners must provide their own travel, health or other insurances where necessary or advisable to do so.
5. Subject to Hubert Burda Media UK's right as set out above, the prize is as specified and there is no cash alternative to prizes. Prizes are non-transferable.
6. Whilst every effort is made to ensure prizes are consistent with those offered, we reserve the right to change prizes in the event of unforeseen circumstances. If any prize winner cannot take a prize for any reason, including by reason of inconvenient dates, ill health, inability to travel etc, then Hubert Burda Media UK may seek an alternative prize winner who is able to receive the prize in the manner offered and shall be under no obligation to change the prize or offer any alternative.
7. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact a winner. Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize. If a winner cannot be contacted, the prize isn't claimed within 21 days from the first date of contact or is unable comply with these terms and conditions, Hubert Burda Media UK reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random.
8. Hubert Burda Media UK will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind, or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the competition.
9. Hubert Burda Media UK reserves the right to take action (including any legal action it considers appropriate) against any person in breach of any term or condition of any competition.
10. Hubert Burda Media UK's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Hubert Burda Media UK may change the terms and conditions (including these terms and conditions) that apply to any competition at its discretion. Any such changes may be posted on this website or otherwise notified to entrants. It is the responsibility of entrants to check thoroughly the terms and conditions that apply to each competition.